About the Alumni Association
In 1916 Kia Kima started on the banks of the South Fork River outside of Hardy, AR as a Boy Scout Summer Camp. Owned and operated by the Chickasaw Council out of Memphis, TN, the foothills of the Ozarks became a second home to tens of thousands of Scouts and Scouters over the years.
A group of Scout and Staff alumni came together to preserve the spirit of the Thunderbird as the 100th anniversary of the camp approached. The Kia Kima Alumni Association was officially incorporated in the state of Arkansas as a non-profit on December 17, 2014. The original incorporators were Andrew Schrack, Chuck Barber, Jeremy S. Palazolo, Jim Charbonnet, Wayne Dowdy, Ryan Cooper, and John Tracy.
Meet the Board of Directors
Read the Bylaws
Articles of Incorporation
The mission of the Kia Kima Alumni Association is to reconnect alumni with Kia Kima; to support Kia Kima Scout Reservation and its staff; and to promote the Scouting program.